Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The year of Emerald

Pantone has once again announced their "color of the year" for 2013, and I have to say, I'm in love!

 

Pantone describes it this way:
"Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony."

I just call it "the perfect green". Its neither too bright, nor too soft; and its a rich, luscious green that, coincidentally, is also the color of my eyes. See? *bats eyelashes madly and dimples*

 

Naturally, the first big piece I did for 2013 needed to feature this gorgeous color. I wanted a special piece, ideally a set, and planned on using real gems and Sterling silver wire.

This is the result. A Sterling silver bangle and earring set, featuring large (8mm) green adventurine gems mixed with smaller (4-5mm) creamy freshwater pearls.

 

For once, this worked out exactly as I imagined it would, and that doesn't happen often! Better still, the response to this on Facebook has been incredible. Every single "like", every comment, matters, and shows me that I'm headed in the right direction. I enjoy hearing what people think of my work. What they like, and what they don't.

The other new piece for 2013 is a pair of silver plated mini spiral earrings with an extra "something"... A single freshwater pearl nestled on the bottom of the spiral. And the credit for the design goes to a lovely customer. It started with a message.

"Could you do this?"

Several back-and-forths later, to clarify the design, and mini spiral pearl earrings were born.

I made two versions, one a straight dangle with the pearl on the end, and one a slightly shorter spiral, then took to Facebook for a popularity contest.

 

Spiral won this one by a landslide, although I wonder what blogland thinks?

What about you? Do you have a style preference on the new earrings? What do you think of 2013's special emerald color?

Dish!

<3

Connect on Facebook HERE and check out the entire collection on Etsy HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment