Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Brand new adventure


Welcome to BooJay Knits!

 This blog is all about my adventures in designing beautiful knitted accessories. It all started shortly after I had my daughter in June 2010.

There is a huge trend right now for babies to wear large, colorful, flowered headbands. Many of my friends' babies had them, but the metal clips that attached the flower to the headband seemed uncomfortable, so I decided to design my own.



My flowers are both beautiful and comfortable. The clips are wrapped with satin ribbon so they won't leave marks on a child's delicate skin. The flowers are designed with yarns in classic and modern colors, and have a wonderful, "boutique-y" feel. Everything is carefully made to last.



The other thing I am currently working on is jewelry. I adore textures, and often choose my ribbons and yarns based on how they feel. My jewelry is all about textures and contrast. A hard, shiny glass pendant suspended by a silky knitted cord, ribbon knit into a nubby textured cuff, or large pebbled beads strung on smooth satin.

Thank you so much for visiting, and I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment