Monday, January 17, 2011

First sales and warm heads


   I've been stalking my own store for the last week, thrilling at each new "Like" and comment, hoping that  the positive attention meant I would get a sale.

   Friday was The Day. I received a request for a custom item, something I didn't have posted but was more than happy to make.

Saturday I got the materials, and today I started knitting. Can you guess what it is?

It's a cotton, eco-friendly, reusable.....

Swiffer cover!

I like it so much that I think I'm going to make one for me.

   In other news, I have hats on my mind, literally. It's freezing cold right now where I live, and it's unlikely to thaw out until March. What could be better or more cheerful than a whimsical pixie hat in vibrant colors, accented with flower clips, ribbon, or both?
(This is my son modeling a toddler sized pixie in red.)
They're not just for babies or girls, either. Try one to match your scarf, or in your favorite sports team's colors. (Go Pens!) My son is getting one in blue and green to match his coat.

I plan on making some striped hats... which color combos would you like to see? They don't need to be "Baby" colors, either. Leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment