Edit 2-12-12 The PDF for the tutorial and pattern is now avalailable! Click the "buy now" button. Don't worry, it's still free. :)
*** Extremely picture heavy post!!***
If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com. Thanks!
|Regatta Blue Chip Earrings|
26 gauge wire – I used silver colored non tarnish artistic wire, found at www.fusionbeads.com
20 stones or beads – I’ve used 4 mm Swarovski crystals, size 6 seed beads, and small stone chips. Choose what makes you happy.
Size 3 knitting needles
2 jump rings
2 ear wires
Note: gauge is not important for this project
1. Gather your materials
4. Knit just as you normally would. (This is where the pattern comes in) If you don’t know how to knit but want to try these, I highly recommend www.knittinghelp.com for how-to videos. You will knit with the wire exactly as you would knit with yarn.
|Give your work a firm tug!|
· Tug your work HARD after each row. This is the blocking process for wire. You can shape the project when you’re done, but will have a neater result if you block as you go.
· Pull the working wire firmly down after each stitch. This will help to create uniform stitches.
· When adding a bead keep it as close to the stitch just worked as possible. (The stitch on your right needle) and knit the next stitch as tight as you can.
· The beads will show up best on the purl side of the work.
Pattern: (Make 2)
Cast on 6 stitches using the backwards loop method in this way:
Cast on 1 stitch, *bring 1 bead up tightly to the right needle, cast on 1 stitch* 5 times
|Bring bead flush to stitch|
|Knit next stitch, keeping the bead between stitches|
|Knit 2 tog|
Next row: Knit 2 together (K2TOG) Knit 2, K2TOG – 4 stitches
Knit 4 rows
Next row: K2TOG twice – 2 stitches
Remove needle from the stitches (don’t worry, they’ll stay put) and trim the wire, leaving a 4” tail. Squeeze the stitches together so they look like one stitch, making sure that they stay open so the jump ring will fit through.
|Slide jump ring through loops and jump ring|
|Wrap the tail around the top stitches|