Monday, June 6, 2011

Uncooperative Knitting

Ahhhhh!!!

I've been working on what was supposed to be a fast, simple, easy-peasy topper for those super comfy strapless sundresses, since I don't "do" strapless. I have this vision of a knitted vest that covers my shoulders and doesn't ride up in the front. Most importantly, it looks stylish. But so far I haven't had much luck.

 I have this Twinkle cardigan (Ravelry link) nearly finished, but it just isn't working for me. To be perfectly honest, I think I need something that works a little better with ummm.... let's just say "top heaviness". This pattern is nice and I think it's cute, but due to the A-line look of it doesn't work for my shape. (I think that's the right name for it... it's fuller at the bottom then the top) I need something more fitted. So I'm about to frog the whole thing, again. The poor yarn has been through so much!

I think I'm going to try another Stefanie Japel design, because they're awesome, and she has nice clear instructions on how to modify the designs to fit your body. So I"m off to scour Ravelry and my books again. Hopefully I'll get this thing done before summer is over and I don't need it anymore. *sigh*

OR....

I could get on the ball and finish my earrings from earlier as well as my project for this week's color challenge. Naaah.The deadline to submit is midnight and it's only 4 p.m. now, I have 8 hours left, after all. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment