Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hope Wears Pink

I've struggled with whether or not to say anything, whether this would be too personal for a knitting blog. But a friend of mine lost her fight with breast cancer today. She was courageous, independent, a fighter, and one of the strongest people I've ever known. My daughter's middle name is in honor of her. How ironic that this latest bracelet was designed with a breast cancer awareness color scheme - hot pink and white, with accents of lime green. It's colorful and bold, just like my friend was, and a portion of the proceeds of the sale of it will go to the Susan G. Komen foundation.


October is breast cancer awareness month, and there are pink ribbons, clothing, and accessories everywhere right now. You can show your support for the cause by purchasing or wearing pink ribbon magnets, bracelets, shirts, flashlights, even a light up pink angel for your yard. This year, the awareness campaign has hit extremely close to home. I've had it on my mind all day, and this post is dedicated to my friend, as well as those who are fighting, surviving, and others like my friend who have been taken by this deadly disease.

In honor of all of these brave women and their loved ones, here is a special collection I curated, called "Pink is the Color of Hope". One day we will find a cure. Until then, we'll fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment