Thursday, May 10, 2012

bangles, bangles everywhere

I can't seem to stop making these bangles! First there were simple beaded ones in saturated colors, like these ones. I've got most of the rainbow here! This rainbow is available individually or as a set of cool blues (the bottom three) or hot tropics (the top three). I've found that they're a lot of fun to stack for more visual impact.


I beaded each one with matching glass seed beads because I can't seem to make "plain" anything.. Next, somebody wanted crystals instead of beads for extra sparkle, so these ones appeared. They're my favorite so far, and I can't wait to do more with these larger crystals.


Finally, someone else thought that a charm bracelet made with this technique would be a great idea, so she picked the charms and I knitted them, along with some Swarovski crystals, to form this set of bangles.


They're pretty easy to make, and definitely fun to wear! I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a tutorial or pattern to make your own, or perhaps a kit with all of the supplies, as well as directions? Please comment with your thoughts. :)

In the meantime, I'm working on a special project. Every year, one of the churches in my area hosts a Mother's Day Tea, and part of the festivities includes a raffle of a variety of products and services. There has been everything from a movie night basket, to Avon products, and even a full photography shoot donated by a local photographer. I'm making this set of bangles for the event:



Time to chug some coffee and get knitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment