Friday, November 9, 2012

It's Time To PARTY

A couple of weeks ago BooJay Knits went in a new direction - we had an open house party! This first party was an intimate affair, with four guests, who enjoyed homemade cheesecake, brownies, and coffee, while they browsed the collection.

My entire inventory was displayed throughout the room, and I had my bead and wire kits out too, so people could easily choose a custom piece. I also used ritzpix.com to make a couple of magazine style brochures, which showcased the main collections, like colors, pearls, and pea pods, as well as some pieces that I recently sold but could make more of.

I'll be honest with you: I was a giant ball of nerves the day of the party. Everything went amazingly well, although there are a few things I'll be changing for the next one.

DECEMBER 1, FROM 1-3 is the date and time of the next open house. The event has been posted on both my personal and business Facebook pages. If you'd like more information please email me at boojayknits at gmail dot com. Hope to see you there!

If you are considering having an open house, here are three things I wish I'd done the first time that might help you.

1. Do a dry run of your setup. I had an idea in my head of how I wanted it to look, but I totally winged it. This added so much stress to the day!

2. Consider having a central display. I had several small displays set up throughout the room, and while people seemed to like discovering each section, they also missed some things. Next time I will have one large table with everything on it.

3. Take lots of pictures. I took some pictures of the displays but got distracted and didn't get many pictures of folks interacting with things - trying stuff on, smiling, etc. This might be a good job for a helper to do as well, since you may get sidetracked as I was by comments and questions.

Now here are some pictures that I did take. They're all on the bottom because that's how my phone rolls.













No comments:

Post a Comment